By: Friedrich Seiltgen
Copyright © 2023
Georgia-based Daniel Defense is partnering with industry-leading manufacturers to build small batches of once-in-a-lifetime rifles.
Once available, they’ll be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. So, the best way to get your hands on one is to sign up for insider notifications and be one of the first to know what’s coming and when it’s available. But act fast because once these limited edition rifles are gone, they’re gone for good.
The Daniel Defense Limited series rifle for February 2023 is The M4A1RIIA.
The M4A1 RIIA features a crisp Timney Impact AR Curved Trigger, an Eotech EXPS 3-0 optic that allows for accurate two-eyes-open shooting, a Modlite PLHv2-18350 Light Package with a UNITY Tactical Modlite ModButton to deliver 1,340 lumens of light, and a fully ambidextrous lower finished in Troy Coyote Tan Cerakote and equipped with Radian Weapons Talon Ambidextrous Safety Selector to accommodate right- and left-handed shooters.
Otherwise, it’s all classic M4A1, with its RIS II Picatinny quad rail—which has been used by US Special Operations Command (SOCOM) for the SOPMOD Block II program since 2005. A 14.5-inch Cold Hammer Forged M4 Profile barrel and permanently attached Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor. The Daniel Defense GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle accommodates left- and right-handed shooters. An ergonomic Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip allow supreme ergonomics and a near-custom fit.
Like all Limited Series releases, these rifles are a 1-time offering in extremely small quantities and tend to sell out quickly!
- LOWER RECEIVER: Proprietary with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well, Fully Ambidextrous Controls, and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Cerakoted Troy Coyote Tan by Deadlock Coating
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Cerakoted Troy Coyote Tan by Deadlock Coating
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 14.5″ M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Pinned and Welded Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, Extended, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Eotech EXPS 3-0
- TRIGGER: Timney Impact AR Curved Trigger
- SAFETY: Radian Weapons Talon Ambidextrous Safety Selector (L/S Configuration)
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense M4A1 Rail Interface System (RIS) II, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- LIGHT: Modlite 18350 Package (also includes Nitecore i2 intellicharge charger)
- SLING: Ferro Concepts Slingster, Coyote
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- Made in the USA
Type: Semi-automatic, gas impingement.
Caliber: 5.56 NATO
Magazine capacity: AR-type magazines or drum
Sights: Eotech EXPS 3-0
Barrel Length: 14.5 Inches
Overall Length: 31.5 to 34.75 Inches
Weight: 6.74 pounds
The Limited Series rifles are ready to go with all the necessary accessories. Sign up with Daniel Defense for notification of next month’s design.
The rifles come with a Ferro Concepts Slingster sling, a Certificate of Authenticity, a Daniel Defense Challenge Coin, and a Keybar that matches the rifle’s Cerakote finish.
That’s all for now, folks! Please keep sending in your questions, tips, and article ideas. And as always – “Let’s Be Careful Out There.”
Friedrich Seiltgen is a retired Master Police Officer with 20 years of service with the Orlando Police Department. He conducts training in Lone Wolf Terrorism Counterstrategies, Firearms, and Active Shooter Response. His writing has appeared in RECOIL, Soldier of Fortune, The Counter Terrorist Magazine, Off Grid, American Thinker, Homeland Security Today, and The Journal of Counterterrorism & Homeland Security International. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.