By: Friedrich Seiltgen
Copyright © 2022
Oath of Office for the United States Congress
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”
Perhaps I have reading comprehension problems. I read the oath of office above, and to me, it says you’re supposed to defend the Constitution against enemies, not BE an enemy of the Constitution! On June 20th, 2022, 14 RINO oath breakers in the U.S. Senate voted with 50 liberals to violate the Constitution and take away more of your rights. I’m sure Gunpowder readers know who they are, but I’m going to drop the names of these sellouts here so you can see if your Senator is one of them!
John Cornyn – TX
Mitch McConnell – KY
Roy Blunt – MO
Richard Burr – N.C.
Shelley Capito – W.V.
Bill Cassidy – LA
Susan Collins – ME
Joni Ernst – IA
Lindsey Graham – S.C.
Lisa Murkowski – AK
Rob Portman – OH
Mitt Romney – UT
Thom Tillis – N.C.
Todd Young – IN
The legislation was spearheaded by RINO John “Cave-In” Cornyn, Thom Tillis, and socialists Kyrsten Sinema and Chris Murphy. The Bipartisan “Safer Communities Act” is full of Constitutional violations, but since the United States is in a post-Constitutional status with a two-tier justice system that is to be expected.
Major points of the 80-page bill are listed here:
- Red Flag Laws – problems here include ex parte violations of your right to due process. The bill also states that you have a right to an attorney; how nice! Since you are not under arrest, you have no right to a public defender, so guess who’s paying for the attorney when your neighbor or ex-spouse calls the police on you.
- Enhanced Background Checks – for those under 21 years of age, there is a minimum three business day waiting period while the background check is being conducted, and it can be extended to 10 business days. There will also be checks into the juvenile criminal records and mental health status of those under 21. I’m sure there won’t be any issues with that!.
- Senator Feinstein still wants an amendment banning the sale of so-called assault weapons to those under 21 even though the Ninth Circuit Court has already struck it down!
- Federal Firearms License Defined – if you want to sell your guns, you must meet all the requirements/laws of an FFL!
- Changes the maximum penalty for straw purchases from five to 15 years in prison!
Rest assured there will more added as the bill moves along, and it won’t be good. We’ll keep Gunpowder readers up to date as this dumpster fire progresses!
That’s all for now folks! Please keep sending in your questions, tips, and article ideas. And as always – “Let’s Be Careful Out There”
Friedrich Seiltgen is a retired Master Police Officer with 20 years of service with the Orlando Police Department. He conducts training in Lone Wolf Terrorism, Firearms and Active Shooter Response. His writing has appeared in RECOIL, The Counter Terrorist Magazine, American Thinker, Homeland Security Today, and The Journal of Counterterrorism & Homeland Security International. Contact him at [email protected]