By: Teresa Mull
John Lott’s Crime Prevention Research Center just released a new report, “Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2020.”
The 64-page reports concluded several noteworthy statistics, namely:
– The number of concealed carry permits has increased 34% since 2016
– More than 19.48 million Americans now have their concealed handgun permits
– CCW permit data does not necessarily equate to firearm ownership
– Females and minorities are getting permits much more frequently than men/white people
– Alabama and Indiana have the highest concealed carry permit rate
– About 9.2 percent of the U.S. population has a concealed carry permit
– Fewer states now have data on concealed carry, since more states have passed Constitutional Carry laws.
More of the abstract and the full report can be viewed here.
Teresa Mull (email@example.com) is editor of Gunpowder Magazine.