By: Friedrich Seiltgen
Copyright © 2023
Daniel Defense is a family-owned and privately held firearms manufacturer in Black Creek, Georgia. Founded in 2000 by President/CEO Marty Daniel, the company started from Marty’s vision to create custom accessories for his M-16 rifle.
An avid sportsman and supporter of the 2nd Amendment, Marty Daniel committed himself to producing a product unmatched in quality and precision. Just 18 years later, Marty Daniel’s concept has evolved into one of the most recognizable brands in the firearms world, manufacturing the world’s finest AR-15 rifles, rail systems, and accessories for civilian, law enforcement, and military customers.
Today with a combined 300,000 sq. feet of manufacturing space, Daniel Defense has maintained a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
Now, Daniel Defense is partnering with industry-leading manufacturers to build small batches of once-in-a-lifetime rifles, the Limited Series.
Once available, they’ll be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. So, the best way to get your hands on one is to sign up for insider notifications and be one of the first to know what’s coming and when it’s available. But act fast because once these limited-edition rifles are gone, they’re gone for good.
The Daniel Defense Limited Series rifle for March 2023 is the M81V1.
The M81V1 takes the classic DDM4 V1 design to the next level by adding a Vortex AMG UH-1 Gen II holographic sight with an incredibly fast holographic display suitable for almost every close-quarter situation.
The M81V1 also adds an upgraded Geissele SSA trigger for a crisp break and surgical control and a Radian Weapons Talon Ambidextrous Safety Selector to accommodate right- and left-handed shooters. It sports a classically cool M81 Woodland Camo Cerakote finish by Weapon Works.
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized, M81 Woodland Cerakote Finish by Weapon Works
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized, M81 Woodland Cerakote Finish by Weapon Works
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, 16″ M4 Profile, Chrome Lined, MP tested, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated, and HP/MPI Tested
- GAS SYSTEM: Daniel Defense Forged Front Sight Base, Carbine Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight: CNC Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized, M81 Woodland Cerakote Finish by Weapon Works; Daniel Defense Forged FSP
- OPTIC: Vortex AMG® UH-1 Gen II Holographic Sight
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail 12.0 FSP, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized, M81 Woodland Cerakote Finish by Weapon Works
- CHARGING HANDLE: GRIP-N-RIP Charging Handle, Body CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Handles & Latch CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Roll Pins, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- GRIP: Daniel Defense Vertical Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- TRIGGER: Geissele SSA Fire Control Group
Type: Semi-automatic, gas impingement.
Caliber: 5.56mm NATO
Magazine capacity: AR-type magazines or drum
Sights: Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight & Vortex AMG® UH-1 Gen II Holographic Sight
Barrel Length: 16 Inches with M4 Profile
Overall Length: 32.25 to 35.875 Inches
Weight: 6.70 pounds
Like all Limited Series releases, these rifles are a one-time offering in extremely small quantities and tend to sell out quickly! Sign up with Daniel Defense for notification of next month’s design.
It comes shipped with a 20 oz. Yeti Rambler tumbler in matching Woodland Camo, a Magpul sling, an upgraded Royal case, and a certificate of authenticity.
That’s all for now, folks! Please keep sending in your questions, tips, and article ideas. And as always – “Let’s Be Careful Out There.”
Friedrich Seiltgen is a retired Master Police Officer with 20 years of service with the Orlando Police Department. He conducts training in Lone Wolf Terrorism Counterstrategies, Firearms, and Active Shooter Response. His writing has appeared in Off Grid, RECOIL, Floridajolt.com, Soldier of Fortune, The Counter Terrorist Magazine, American Thinker, Homeland Security Today, and The Journal of Counterterrorism & Homeland Security International.
Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.